You're not registered yet. Click here to register.  
header_firum2 header_back
You can register here for free.
This topic has 0 replies
and has been read 34 times
 Please Read Before Posting
sakura698 Offline

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:29 am
to shoot wide in the 59th. Messi reply

CALGARY -- Calgary Flames interim general manager Brian Burke defended his head coach Monday and said Vancouver Canucks head coach John Tortorella "oughta keep his mouth shut. Air Max 97 Ultra Premium ." Burke, also Calgarys president of hockey operations, countered Tortorellas post-game comments after Sundays game in Vancouver, where the Canucks won the regular-season finale 5-1. Tortorella had objected to the actions of Flames head coach Bob Hartley when Canucks forward Daniel Sedin was hit from behind and driven into the boards by Flames forward Paul Byron late in the second period. Sedin was taken off the ice on a stretcher after scoring twice in the game, while Byron was slapped with a five-minute major and a game misconduct. "Its embarrassing to coach against the guy across from me tonight," Tortorella said. "Some of the things that went on when Danny was hurt, its embarrassing. "I dont like the way he does business. I dont like him, and eventually I guess why I am talking about it in this way is because I need to protect my players and a lot of people dont understand that, so Ill just leave it at that. Tortorella feuded with Hartley in Vancouver on Jan. 18 when he tried to get into Calgarys locker-room following a line brawl. Tortorella was suspended for 15 days. Hartley wouldnt bite Monday when reporters asked Calgarys head coach about Tortorellas comments, but Burke weighed in. He called Tortorella a friend before launching his counter-attack. "Our coach acted completely appropriately last night and Torts oughta keep his mouth shut," Burke said. "Apparently what outraged him was the cardinal sin of our coach arguing for a penalty while Daniel Sedin was being tended to on the ice. "Paul Byron hit him. We think its a hockey play. We dont think its worth five minutes. We dont think its worth further review. Call a five-minute penalty because the player is hurt, thats fine with us. "Now the player gets attacked, punched repeatedly, no penalty. Where are the minor penalties against our player? Smallest player on the ice besides Johnny Gaudreau gets mugged, nothing. "Bob had the temerity and the audacity to argue with the officials for these penalties while Daniel Sedin was on the ice. No one likes to see a player get hurt. We hear Daniel is fine, which is great news, but that is when Bob has to argue that. "What Bob Hartley did last night was exactly what John Tortorella would have done had it been one of our players lying on the ice and he felt there was an inequity in the penalty calls. "John Tortorella was on my staff for the Olympics in 2010. Hes a good guy. I dont know whats going on in his head, but you know what? Shut your mouth and worry about your team. Leave my coach alone." The players in question seemed ready to make peace. Byron said he texted Sedin on Monday morning to apologize for the hit. "He responded," Byron said. "I think he appreciated the text and Im really glad hes OK." Air Max 97 VaporMax .com) - In the absence of Dwight Howard, Donatas Motiejunas had a career night to keep the Houston Rockets winning streak alive. Air Max 97 Camo . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. http://www.airmax97outlet.it/ . 1-9 on TSN. With more than 65 hours of exclusive live coverage, TSN delivers all the action beginning with Draw 1 on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 2 p. MADRID, Spain -- Atletico Madrid and Barcelona showed the battle for the title would be a long, drawn-out affair after the Spanish co-leaders drew 0-0 in their first league meeting of the season on Saturday. Both teams finished the first half of the season tied on 50 points after an exciting, back-and-forth showdown at Vicente Calderon Stadium yielded no winner. Barcelona was troubled by Atletico pair Diego Costa and Arda Turan throughout, while second-half substitute Lionel Messi enjoyed the visitors best chances as the Barcelona forward headed wide before forcing goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois into a clutch stop in the 81st. Neymar also came on in the second half for Barcelona but the Brazil striker made little impact as the teams played out their third straight draw following the summer Spanish Super Cup series. "It was like a game of chess," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said. "The game reflected where these two teams are in the standings." Atletico will remain encouraged about winning its first title since 1996 and dislodging the Barcelona-Real Madrid monopoly that has been broken only by Deportivo La Coruna and Valencia since. Real Madrid travels to Espanyol on Sunday knowing a victory will move it to within three points of the leaders. While Barcelona counted on its squad of regulars, Atleticos lineup was relatively unchanged down to Simeones all-black suit and jacket. The hosts started more brightly as Turans short cross along the goal-line was headed just over for the games opening chance four minutes in. The physical Diego Costa forced goalkeeper Victor Valdes into a save before awkward positioning kept him scoring from a headed-on corner in the 28th. Barcelona braved Atleticos early surge and its choking pressure up the field with its passing game, with Pedro Rodriguez heading over goal inn the 33rd before Courtois saved Gerard Piques long, low shot. Nike Air Max 97 Gs Valentines Day. With Cesc Fabregas playing as a "false 9" Barcelona had trouble breaking through in attack. "We expected a very strong, disciplined, and unrelenting opponent. They dont leave any open space in their area and its very difficult to expose them," Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez said. "We just couldnt create enough chances on goal. It was a very intense game." Tension was building as the action moved end-to-end in the hard-fought, energetic match with Simeone warned by the referee to cool down just before the break. Andres Iniesta hurt his left knee and gave way to Messi to start the second half but it was Diego Costa who continued to prowl Barcelonas goal only to shoot wide in the 59th. Messi perhaps showed some rust from a two-month injury layoff when he headed Jordi Albas cross wide from the penalty spot at the other end. Alba and Daniel Alves made little impact in attack as the Barcelona fullbacks were cut off by Atleticos strikers. Atletico looked set to break through in the 79th but Turan volleyed a looping ball straight at Valdes, moments before Courtois denied Messis hard-taken shot from the left. "I dont know what will happen between now and the last 19 rounds but I expect Atletico to stay in the fight," Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said. Also, Athletic Bilbao maintained its grip on fourth by demolishing Almeria 6-1 while Valencias season-long slide continued with a 2-1 defeat at Celta Vigo. Athletic enjoys a four-point cushion in fourth at the halfway point of the season, while Almeria sits three points above the drop zone. Celta moved three points clear of the relegation zone with the victory. Daniel Carrico scored in the last minute as Sevilla rallied to draw 1-1 at Elche. ' ' '

Jump  
Nobody is obliged to be exposed to radiation.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor